A regular checkup is a vital part to your dental health. While twice a year is the standard recommendation to visit your dentist for examinations and cleanings, we’ll set up a schedule that works for you.
Your dentist will give you a careful and thorough examination. We’ll examine your teeth, gums and soft tissue for any signs of potential dental health problems, including gingivitis and cavities. Previous treatments will be checked and evaluated including fillings, crowns or implants. We also take digital dental X-rays to identify any wear or decay.
We are watching out for your oral health:
- tiny cracks or fractures in teeth
- early indications of gum disease
- restorations that may need repair, like crowns, bridges or fillings
- any cavities or root cavities that are causing the gums to recede or pull away from your teeth
- early signs of oral cancer
- signs of other oral disease
- wisdom teeth that need extraction
Good dental health comes from regular check-ups:
- discover issues that you may not be able to feel or see
- detect early stages of decay
- catch oral health problems early